Nan Jiang takes us deep into Model-based vs Model-free RL, Sim vs Real, Evaluation & Overfitting, RL Theory vs Practice and much more!
Nan Jiang is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at University of Illinois. He was a Postdoc Microsoft Research, and did his PhD at University of Michigan under Professor Satinder Singh.
- Reinforcement Learning: Theory and Algorithms
Alekh Agarwal Nan Jiang Sham M. Kakade
- Model-based RL in Contextual Decision Processes: PAC bounds and Exponential Improvements over Model-free Approaches
Wen Sun, Nan Jiang, Akshay Krishnamurthy, Alekh Agarwal, John Langford
- Information-Theoretic Considerations in Batch Reinforcement Learning
Jinglin Chen, Nan Jiang
- Towards a Unified Theory of State Abstraction for MDPs, Lihong Li, Thomas J. Walsh, Michael L. Littman
- Doubly Robust Off-policy Value Evaluation for Reinforcement Learning, Nan Jiang, Lihong Li
- Minimax Confidence Interval for Off-Policy Evaluation and Policy Optimization, Nan Jiang, Jiawei Huang
- Empirical Study of Off-Policy Policy Evaluation for Reinforcement Learning, Cameron Voloshin, Hoang M. Le, Nan Jiang, Yisong Yue
- [Robin] I misspoke when I said in domain randomization we want the agent to "ignore" domain parameters. What I should have said is, we want the agent to perform well within some range of domain parameters, it should be robust with respect to domain parameters.